Summing up the essence of your marketing message in a clear, uncomplicated way is one sure-fire way to achieve that goal. One such powerful technique is the use of “explainer” videos. Explainer videos are basically video clips (2-5 minutes long) that help people understand a complex issue in an easy-to-grasp manner.
What is an Explainer Video?
An explainer video is a great way to illustrate a complex concept to someone
An explainer video is often condensed into 1-5 minutes of all the necessary information a person needs to know in order to intelligently make a decision regarding the purchase of a product or service. Explainer videos are simple, straightforward, easy-to-understand, and “eye-catching”. The main attraction of explainer videos is their ability to condense vast amounts of complicated, technical information into a simple, understandable format that the viewer can understand.
They have been proven to be extremely effective in a variety of marketing applications. Some of the most popular sites and customers using these videos are as:
· Amazon: 97% of their buyers said the videos helped them decide whether to buy something.
· Apple: Videos helped increase sales by 300% on the apple.com website.
· Bank of America: 96% of the people who viewed an explainer video on bankofamerica.com said they were more likely to do business with the company.
· BMW: 83% of the people who watched the explainer videos on bmw.com said the videos made it easier for them to understand the benefits of owning a BMW.
· Delta: Delta Air Lines is one of the few airlines that actually makes a profit on the airfare they charge for their award flights. The profits come from adding significant amounts of baggage fees and other charges to the ticket.
Here are 10 reasons why using “explainer videos” can help you:
1. People love to learn new things! – Give people a nugget of information, then hook them with an “exciting” story about how that nugget of info helps them solve a problem or achieve an objective.
2. People love to watch videos! – studies show 90% of all online traffic is made up of people who just “love” to watch videos! If you can incorporate video clips and an exciting story into your sales pitches, you will find it easy to get a “hearing” from your prospects.
3. People love to share video clips! – Video clips are “shareable” and are “discussed” with ease. When people are talking about something, they often share video clips and images. If you make a video clip that can be shared, you can use it to your advantage and get more attention from people who are interested in your product or service.
4. People love to buy things from people they trust! – If you can demonstrate that you are a trusted authority on the issue your prospect is facing, you will likely gain their trust.
6. People like to learn through observation and repetition! – When you explain something via “explainer videos”, you can do a much better job at giving people the information they want. They will simply sit and observe and hear the information over and over again. Over time, this repetition will make the idea stick in their mind. This technique works far better than presenting a dry factual information set.
7. Videos allow for quick learning! – In a nutshell, “explainer videos” are great because they allow you to quickly convey complex subjects in an easy-to-understand manner.
8. Videos get people to action! – The use of videos helps people get past that “I don’t have the time” or “I don’t have the money” excuse. People love the fact that they can watch a video at their leisure and still be able to get something done.
9. Videos get people’s attention! – When you start a video and play it to people, the chances of them listening are high. If you give people an idea of what they’re going to hear or see, you will hook them right from the start.
10. Videos are memorable! – With the exception of “hear say”, everyone remembers images and videos.
11. People love to learn the ins and outs! – In fact, the “big bang” of learning about any new subject happens with visual information. For example, when you read a new book or a magazine article, you quickly learn that things like “cover letters”, “foreword”, “back-of-the-book-blurb” and so on are vital.
The same thing happens with a “explainer video”. It gives you an opportunity to give an introduction to the things you are offering. This can include a discussion about the product itself, its uses, and so on.
12. People love to see pictures! – A picture is worth a thousand words. If you can use images to illustrate your points, your audience will be happy to see it.
13. People love to learn how to do something! – The easiest way to get someone to buy is to show them how to do something.